Saturday, November 13, 2010

More Conspiracy as History

The pre-existent Mandaean spirit of Augustine, Nicea 325 (per Murdock)
Via James McGrath, Muertos’s Blog has a post  Herding Cats: How And Why Conspiracy Theorists Are Wrong About Experts and Academicians where he examines the phenomenon of conspiracy theorists masquerading as experts. He touches on the work of my personal favourite conspiracy theorist on Christians origins,  Acharya S/D.M Murdock.

On a personal note, I really do wonder how Murdock deals with the fact that she is knowingly selling a book containing fatal errors. I have previously reviewed some of her book focusing on historical errors and her response was to brand it "irrelevant opinion" and made up "crap." More recently I addressed this matter of "opinion" in Conspiracy as History? where I  demonstrated numerous historical impossibilities from a single sentence of her book.