Saturday, August 21, 2010

Election Night is Over...

...but no election winner has been called to form government.At the closing of the night, the two major parties are essentially equal. Labor has won 70 seats, the Liberal/National Coalition has won 71. Five seats are yet to be called, 76 are needed to form government. The remaining of won seats are 1 Green and 3 independents. The first indigenous Australian member was elected to parliament as a member of the Libs.

What to do?

In the upper house it seems to be the major parties, the Greens (substantially, might I add) and possibly a single Family First senator.

On the lighter side, I made the entire panel on the Channel 9 coverage of the election laugh when they read my twitter update on live national TV.

2 comments:

  1. Ari, what did you say? I wish I had seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a swipe at the Greens, as if we didn't expect that. It was probably the only time everyone laughed in the whole 6 or so hours.

    ReplyDelete