Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christian Beginnings and the Dead Sea Scrolls


I finally purchased (and received in the mail) Christian Beginnings and the Dead Sea Scrolls ed. John J. Collins and Craig A. Evans. I just had to share my excitement over it, especially noticing an essay on John and the Dead Sea Scrolls. Those of you who know me should have no doubts about my fascination with the relationship between the Gospel of John and the Dead Sea texts. Anyway, online accompanying the book is an interview with Evans:




PS: I actually received two other books this week: The Historical Jesus: Five Views ed. Beilby and Eddy; What Saint Paul Really Said N.T. Wright and on its way is Thiede's Jesus Man or Myth? (Which I hope isn't just a rehash of his cave 7 theory.)

No comments:

Post a Comment