- It works well for novels and other books that you do not need to mark/refer to over and over again
- It can save you some money - no printing or postage appears to be accounted for with many of the books in the Kindle store
- No need to wait for the book to be delivered! This can be a real problem when you quickly need a book but no library or store nearby has it. And if you are buying from Amazon downunder shipping takes forever and it is by no means cheap.
- It is portable. Many books on one light weight device.
- I cannot imagine using an ebook to replace a traditional academic text. I have horrible habits of marking the pages with colours and annotations and I learn to quickly navigate important books by feel and memory. I have never been able to replicate this with my ebooks.
- No physical book = no resale and no intelligent looking library.
- Difficulty in navigating multiple books for a research project
I have finally justified spending money on my Tablet!